A study that challenges current global sediment models, concluding there is an additional 5-6km of sediment accumulation in the Liberia and Deep Ivorian Basins.
The Equatorial West Africa SEEBASE® Study and GIS is an integrated geological and geophysical study of basement and basin evolution that pioneers new concepts for exploration through identification of new targets controlled by structure of underlying basement.
Discover an advanced tectonic evolution model for Sierra Leone to Gabon, while advancing your understanding through unique geological interpretations that support increased interest in underexplored sections of the continental margin.
Available for non-exclusive license and ready for immediate digital delivery in a project ready format.
COMPREHENSIVE STUDY DELIVERABLES
- Basement Geology: Analysis and description of basement terranes, assessment of terrane boundaries, and interpretation of basement composition.
- Tectonostratigraphic History: Plate reconstructions and summary of key tectonic events; implications for basin development, interpreted of major basement faults, and fault event maps for key events.
- Depth-to-basement Model - SEEBASE: 3D geometry and depth of the basement surface highlighting basin depocentres and highs.
- Depth to Moho: 3D geometry and depth of the Moho surface.
- Sediment, Crustal and Basement Thickness and Beta Factor: Derivative maps created using the SEEBASE and Moho models.
- Basement Heat Flow: Computation of radiogenic heat production and heat flow, integrating basement geology and architecture, as well as timing and intensity of regional tectono-thermal events.
- Potential Field Datasets: Frogtech Geoscience's state-of-the-art geophysical processing and enhancements.
DISCOVER NEW INSIGHTS
The Equatorial West Africa SEEBASE® Study and GIS is an integrated geological and geophysical study of basement and basin evolution in the Gulf of Guinea. It examines the tectonic history of final West Africa breakup with South America and demonstrates that the use of high definition basement and sediment thickness is crustal models significantly improves understanding of transitional margins, basement heat flow and basin prospectivity in the region.
SEEBASE® (Structurally Enhanced view of Economic BASEment) is Frogtech Geoscience's flagship multi-client product and the best foundation to develop new petroleum systems exploration concepts and strategies, each study includes:
- Depth-to-basement model
- Identify potential for undiscovered hydrocarbons
- Know the limits of basin systems
- Understand where, why and when traps are formed and modified
- Reduce the risk for basin and thermal modelling
- A truly scalable solution
- Easily access results in a project ready ArcGIS environment
The Equatorial West Africa SEEBASE® Study and GIS includes a depth model interpreted at a scale of 1:1,000,000 providing a framework for interpretation that accommodates future integration of proprietary client datasets including higher-resolution gravity and magnetic data, well data and seismic interpretation to further customise the model in areas of interest.