TERRAFLUX is a project ready, basement-derived present-day heat flow product providing petroleum explorers with a foundation for regional to permit scale prospectivity screening and calibration.
Available as a multi-client license via Frogtech Geoscience's digital delivery platform GeoMS, TERRAFLUX is a desktop ready product that includes the following benefits:
- Geologically-based heat flow model – take advantage of our signature SEEBASE® geophysical modelling and integrated basement composition, terranes, structures and history analysis across a region.
- Reduce risk for basin and thermal modelling – understand heat flow variations with independently assessed variable radiogenic heat contribution from basement, mantle input and impact of local igneous and tectonic events
- Expand your basin modelling horizons - thanks to a spatially-continuous dataset that unlock 1D, 2D and 3D thermal modelling away from data points even in underexplored or frontier basins
- Fast-track your petroleum system modelling – Enjoy your complex basin geological history and contemporary basement structure translated into one single ready-to-use basal heat flow grid
- Essential calibration of present-day heat flow - Benchmark your own model with our independent and innovative model
- A truly scalable solution - With applicability from basin to permit-scale studies
- Easily access results - All Terraflux studies include a comprehensive technical report and a desktop ready GIS grid and image in ArcGIS format
- Ready for customisation - Enhance the results by adding your own constraining data
Exploration teams, basin modellers and geothermal assessment specialists will benefit from this cost-effective input, built and calibrated with Frogtech Geoscience’s proprietary workflow, tools and set of databases (basement lithology, heat production and global heat flow) assessed for quality and reliability.
All TERRAFLUX products enable further customisation including the addition of constraining datasets for targeted calibration.
Developing a robust thermal model is a critical task to successful petroleum exploration. Find out how TERRAFLUX can help you.
Select a TERRAFLUX product below for more information.
Want to know more about basement control on Heat flow?
TERRAFLUX in ACTION
TERRAFLUX is a proven capability, used by both government and industry for prospectivity screening. Discover how TERRAFLUX was used across these examples:
Myanmar (Published by Ikon Science and Ophir Energy) as an input dataset for 2D basin modelling
Australia (Poster Presentation from IGC, 2012)