Advice you can trust
Frogtech Geoscience is a world leader in structural and tectonic interpretations, basin analysis and resource-related geoscience. Our technical experts work with clients to understand their exploration challenges, and to provide unique insights and tailored solutions. Our projects deliver highly sophisticated and integrated assessments of basement and basins in a geospatial environment (ArcGIS).
Our reputation is built on our scientifically led independent consultancy. We have no material interest in the outcome of the projects we undertake.
Take time to read some of our client success stories from around the world:
Case study - Canning Basin, Western Australia
Case study - Western Desert, Egypt
Case Study - McArthur Basin, Northern Territory, Australia
Case study - Oil and Gas Authority, United Kingdom
Case study - Otway Basin, Victoria, Australia
Our core consulting services
- Basin and Resource Evaluation using SABRE - our proprietary systematic basin and resource evaluation methodology
- Geodynamic evolution and prospectivity modelling using our SEEBASE interpretation framework
- Advanced Potential Field Geophysics, including our proprietary enhancements
Our services draw on our consulting expertise, including:
- Potential Field Geophysics
- Structural Geology
- Plate Reconstructions
- Basin Analysis
- Seismic and Well Log Interpretation
- Petroleum Systems Analysis
- Heat Flow Modelling
A proven workflow
At the core of our consulting capability is our established workflow called SABRE - which stands for Systematic Approach to Basin Resource Evaluation. SABRE has been developed over many years, through an understanding of basement character beneath and adjacent to sedimentary basins, coupled with a global knowledge of tectonic events responsible for basin formation. The SABRE™ workflow emphasizes two critical elements necessary to set the framework for play-scale evaluation:
- Understand the evolution of a basin from the “bottom-up” – that is, understanding the basement and geodynamic evolution of a basin system through time, i.e. how the basement (the "container") and basin evolved to their present-day configuration
- Understand the regional tectonic drivers and events which have influenced the infill of the basin through time, thereby setting the paleogeographic framework for predicting the distribution of petroleum systems elements (reservoir, source and seal) through time
Frogtech Geoscience's unique evaluation methodology and our integrated series of workflows provide an analysis of plate reconstructions through time, tectonic drivers/events (including basin response), regional kinematics, basement terranes (age, type, composition and physical properties), tectonic provinces, basin types, basin phases (tectonostratigraphy), heatflow, petroleum systems and play elements.
Our approach is applicable and beneficial from country-scale screening to more detailed play element analysis. In addition, our approach can be used to analyse the whole spectrum of resources associated with basement (minerals and geothermal) and basin systems (conventional and unconventional O&G, minerals, coal, geothermal, groundwater and CCS).
Frogtech Geoscience's structural and basin experts have completed over 300 projects in basins across the world - including North America, South America, North Atlantic (including Greenland), North Sea, Mediterranean, Africa, Black Sea, Caspian Sea, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, India, China, Myanmar, East China Sea, South China Sea, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Australia, New Zealand and Antarctica.